Personal Data Act (523/99), register description in accordance with section 10
MyData 2018 conference presenter and programme contributor register.
Open Knowledge Finland ry
Sille Sepp, email@example.com
The main purpose of this personal data register is to act as an presenter register for the MyData 2018 conference. The register contains personal data about the MyData 2018 conference programme contributors. The data contained in the register may be handled for the purposes following:
– Publishing presenter bios and photos on the conference page
– Implementation, development and upkeep of services and functions directed towards the programme contributors, conference attendees and interest groups
– Information distribution, communications, marketing, sales promotion and impact- and marketing-based research regarding the MyData 2018 conference
– The operational requirements of the MyData 2018 conference
– Planning and development of the MyData 2018 conference
The presenter and programme contributor database for the MyData 2018 conference contains the following data:
– Twitter URLs
– LinkedIn URLs
– Website URLs
– Job Titles / Presenter Positions
– Presenter bios with up to three links
– Phone numbers
– Email addresses
– Trello usernames
– Skype names
– Google accounts
– Other data required for use of services
Register data accumulate from:
Presenters themselves, principally via the form https://mydata2018.org/presenter-form
Personal data shall not be relinquished to third parties except as within the permitted or obligated limits of the valid legislation. Personal data may be transferred outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, namely to Trello service and Google spreadsheet -service. Personal data may, however, be relinquished to others with the customer’s own approval.
The register is in IT format. Right of use to the register is held only by those in the service of the registrar and other designated persons who require the data in their tasks. They have the user IDs and passwords at their disposal. The information is protected by means of appropriate and up-to-date information technology-based solutions and data security.
According to the Personal Data Act, the customer has the right to inspection and error correction as well as the right to refuse both the delivery of electronic messages concerning offers and benefits and the use of personal data for direct marketing. If registrants wish to apply the right to prohibit or obtain more information with regard to the handling of their personal data, they may contact the person mentioned above who handles register matters. In the event that the customer wishes to apply his/her right to inspection, s/he must, in accordance with section 28 of the Personal Data Act, present his/her request for inspection in a personally signed or otherwise similarly certified document, or visit the registrant personally.
See our general Privacy Notice here.